My Dear Josephine

My dear Josephine,

My darling girl you have brought so much joy into our lives, how can you be one already. The last 12 months has seen joy and trials and all I can think is this time last year you had just been born and were in special care. I was desperate to get you home. All the nurses were fussing about making sure that I was OK but I knew that as long as I got to take you out the doors of the hospital I would be OK. You would be OK and everything in my world would be perfect for a moment in time that I will never forget.

After a few days in special care I was told that you would be allowed home, it was music to my ears. You had to be in for another 24 hrs and I counted down every second. When it came time for the nurses to do the final checks, you had lost weight and there was a discussion about keeping you in longer. The nurses could see how much I needed to have tyou with me and trusted that I would be able to look after you and all would be fine. I think I danced out of the Maternity ward.

I cradled you in my arms as I waited for Daddy to bring the car around. I couple walked past me and pointed to the new baby and I wanted to tell them how hard it was to get to the point of being able to carry you out of the hospital, instead I smiled and felt the butterflies in my stomach as my nerves took over and my emotions over flowed.

Sweet girl you have a such a special connection with your sisters and each day when we pick them up from school you light up. Although you're only one I think you might think you are just as big as Monique and Poppy. If they are having iceblocks and pizza for afternoon tea, you are doing the same (I know not the best diet but you are just so cute when you hang out with the big girls), if they are in the pool you want to be in there. They jump in from the side of the pool and you are sitting right next to them doing the same, you don't understand that you can't actually swim yet.

Josie, Bubba, Nibby, Josie Bosie, Josepheme, Josephine you are truely a Rainbow baby, I love you to the end of the earth and back around and around again. I'm excited with each new thing you do and can't wait for the future to see our family blossom with your beautiful personality.

Happy Birthday Love Mummy



Comments

  1. Where has that year gone.
    A big happy birthday to tour sweet little lady.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. One already and such a gorgeous little rainbow baby indeed. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Josephine Adelaide Arrives

One Angel Prince

Sunny Days - The Arrival