Sydney Trip - Winter Magic Festival

Finally getting around to posting about my trip to Sydney. We went down for a holiday that just so happened to be right when my Dad (Mikie) had heart surgery. Usually when we go back Home it is so very rushed, this time I wanted the girls to do some holiday things that they would remember.
 
 
In the 30+ years I lived in the Blue Mountains I had never been to the Winter Magic Festival, it use to be 'When all the Freaks, came out to play', but I thought it is something different and you don't get to see Blue Mountain Freaks very often so hey lets do it. Now I grew up in the Lower Blue Mountains, it is very different to the Upper Mountains, we really are just suburbia with bushland and less traffic.. We got on the train and as we travelled closer to our destination it become clear the freaks were out to play. My Mum is the queen of giving the eye and the nod - did you see that signal.
 
As we got off at Katoomba it was just a little cold, I didn't even have a thick jacket (its not something you use on the Gold Coast).


Josephine didn't like of this constrictive clothing, this photo is her screaming, if she could talk she would be saying 'what's this thing stuck on my head'.

She soon fell asleep, and we all wished we could be as warm as she was.
 
The festival is great, there was a parade that had the girls mesmerised for ages. Lots of stalls and even more people. It was a great day out to forget about the stress of Dad not being well for a few hours.
 
 
As I write this Monique reminded me that it was really cool to eat something hot as when you breathed, smoke came out. So funny, I remember standing freezing cold with snot dripping from my nose and she remembers being able to breath smoke like a dragon.







 
 

Comments

  1. Love this photo of you.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little girl with the painted face in the close up head and shoulders shot is absolutely gorgeous. She is like really good looking. When I downloaded the hi res picture I displayed her life size and could not stop looking at her. I am going to put this good looking little beauty on display life size in my apartment in one of my large format digital picture displays that way she will be there and I can like look at her anytime I want to see a really good looking little girl. She is so clear and sharp displayed life size I can also lean close and kiss her on the mouth and lips when I am looking at her. Now that I am in college and have my own apartment I can put girls I think look really good on display life size without my mom saying stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Angel Prince

Mothers Day

Choosing Hope