Bears of Hope Ball - What a Fantastic Night

A couple of weekends ago I was very lucky to be able to attend the Bears of Hope Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Ball. It is an awesome night and I'm so grateful that I can be part of such a wonderful charity that supports families.

I have written about Bears of Hope before, I have mentioned the Bear of Hope Ball and being involved in the Ball Committee. What I haven't written about before is the over whelming feelings you have attending the ball. During the night there is a candle lighting, it is a time to light your candle for your baby, to watch a beautiful slide show of all the babies names of the people that are in attendance.

This year I sat with Jen, my partner in Bears of Hope crime, we became friends 4 yrs ago, not long after I had Riley and just 12 months after Jen lost her first son Bailey. In the first year of our work with Bears of Hope we both very much needed a purpose. There may have even been some competition on who go the most amount of sponsors and donations.

Now four years on it was lovely to sit next to Jen during the candle lighting ceremony and watch the slideshow of names and see Bailey & Riley's names. To know that our two very special boys have played a part in our friendship and supporting the parents that need Bears of Hope as much as we needed it 4 years ago.

Jen wrote me a message on facebook:
My beautiful friend Ande. (Pictured here with the equally wonderful Abby) It was the absolute best sharing Saturday night with you and celebrating the two little boys who brought us together.

In the last 8 months, between us we have sent a...
t least 1800 emails, countless phone calls resulting in 120 businesses/individuals on board as sponsors for the ball and over 260 prizes that were used on the night. And that's just a small portion on what we have achieved.

I love that on the way home from the ball we were already discussing what to do next year. You are awesome.
 
To you Jen, you are AWESOME because I know that what I do is so small compared to what You do and I want to say a massive congratulations to Jen and her hubby Nick to being awarded the Bears of Hope 2014 founders award..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Angel Prince

Josephine Adelaide Arrives

Choosing Hope